Thursday 1 February 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Side of Heaven, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1934 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Bob Shane: Vocalist (Kingston Trio-Scarlet Ribbons).
- Nicolae Breban: Romanian author poet and playwright.
- Austrian Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss dissolves all political parties but his own.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?