Wednesday 1 February 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1939 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Claude Francois: French singer (d. 1978).
- Joe Sample: American jazz pianist.
- Claude François: French pop singer and songwriter born in Egypt, he wrote "Comme d'habitude, in 1967 the original version of "My Way.
- Fritjof Capra: Austrian-American theoretical physicist.
- Del McCoury: Bluegrass singer / musician.
- Ray Sawyer: Rocker
- Paul E: Gillmor; American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio).
- Paul Gillmor: American lawyer and politician (d. 2007)
- Ekaterina Maximova: Soviet and Russian ballerina (d. 2009)
- Yuri Rost: Russian photographer journalist and traveler
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?