Thursday 1 February 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Swiss Family Robinson, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1940 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Bibi Besch: Vienna, Austria -- Actress (Star Trek 2, Beast Within).
- Herve Filion: sulky driver (1969 Canadian Sports Hall of Fame).
- Philip Francis Nowlan: science fiction writer, creator of Buck Rogers character (Born 1888).
- Russia begins new offensive against Finland.
- WWII: Winter War ampndash Russian forces launch a major assault on Finnish troops occupying the Karelian Isthmus.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?