Saturday 1 February 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Western Union, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1941 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Karl Dall: German comedian and television personality.
- Anatoliy Firssov: USSR -- Ice hockey play (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Franco Nones: Italy -- 30K cross country skier (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jerry Spinelli: Young Adult Author.
- Robert Walmsley: British Vice-Admiral.
- Neil Marbell: American pro astrologer, Geocosmic News Editor and a member of NCGR. In 1987, he began an astrological TV show on an educational channel. Based in Madison, WI, he has a personal clientele as well as focusing on media presentations.
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Jane Vaughn.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?