Sunday 1 February 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Muna Wassef and Terry Jones.
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1942 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Muna Wassef: Syrian/Arab actress and United Nations Goodwill ambassador.
- Terry Jones: British film director, writer, medieval historian, comic performer and mime artist.
- Bibi Besch: Austrian-American actress (d. 1996).
- Masa Saito: Japanese wrestler and manager.
- David Sincock: Australian cricketer.
- 2nd Norwegian government of Quisling forms
- World War II: U.S. Navy conducts Marshalls-Gilberts raids, the first offensive action by the United States against Japanese forces in the Pacific Theater.
- Voice of America, the official external radio and television service of the United States federal government, begins broadcasting with programs aimed at areas controlled by the Axis powers.
- WWII: The Command staff of the Eighth Air Force reaches England!-- becomes active in the European Theater of Operations, but won't fly missions until July 4th, 1942 using borrowed British planes ---
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?