Tuesday 1 February 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leo Burmester in Louisville and Tommy Duffy.
Captain America, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1944 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Leo Burmester in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; actor (Flo, Chiefs, The Abyss, Odd Jobs).
- Tommy Duffy: rocker (Echos).
- Daniel Koudlanski: French national president of 'la société d'encouragement nationale et internationale des sauveteurs' (SENIS), a non-profit organisation which recognises and rewards rescuers.
- Michel Le Bris: French writer, a specialist on Robert Louis Stevenson, and the director of the literary festival in Saint-Malo "Étonnants voyageurs" [Amazing Travellers] created in 1990.
- Mike Enzi: American politician, senior senator from Wyoming.
- Petru Popescu: Romanian-American director producer and author
- Dick Snyder: American basketball player
- Burkhard Ziese: German footballer and manager (d. 2010)
- US 7th Infantry / 25th Marine Division lands on Kwajalein / Roi / Namur
- WWII: United States troops land in the Marshall Islands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?