Wednesday 1 February 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Third Man, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1950 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Mike Campbell: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Mudcrutch).
- Ali Konca: Turkish politician.
- Urko Kekkonen elected president of Finland.
- USSR demands condemnation of Emperor Hirohito for war crimes.
- Chiang Kai-shek is re-elected as a president of the Republic of China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?