Thursday 1 February 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brandis Kemp in Palo Alto and Catherine Gestas.
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1951 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Brandis Kemp in Palo Alto: California, USA; actress/comedienne (Fridays).
- Catherine Gestas: French genealogist, astrologer, teacher, and author of the book "La mémoire ancestrale en astrologie.
- Sonny Landreth: American guitarist and songwriter.
- Andrew Smith: English politician Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.
- 1st telecast of atomic explosion
- 1st X-ray moving picture process demonstrated
- Alfred Krupp and 28 other German war criminals freed.
- -50 degrees F (-46 degrees C), Gavilan, New Mexico, USA (state record).
- The United Nations General Assembly declares that China is an aggressor in the Korean War in United Nations General Assembly Resolution 498.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?