Friday 1 February 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeno Jando and Evelyn Roberts.
Viva Zapata!, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winnie-the-Pooh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1952 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Jeno Jando: Hungarian pianist.
- Evelyn Roberts: Scottish-American astrologer who as a child lived a nomadic lifestyle and as an adult has moved often as well.
- Jean Roucas: French humourist impersonator, and radio-TV presenter discovered by Stéphane Collaro, co-inventor of "Le Bàbàte show" (satirical show with puppets of politicians).
- Owoye Azazi: Nigerian general (d. 2012).
- Jenő Jandó: Hungarian pianist and educator.
- Engin Ardıç: Turkish writer and journalist
- General strike against French colonial management in Tunisia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1952 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Please, Mr. Sun
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Here Am I - Broken Hearted
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?