Monday 1 February 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1954 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Chuck Dukowski: American musician (Black Flag).
- Billy Mumy in California: USA; actor (Will Robinson - Lost in Space, Dear Brigitte).
- Mike Campbell: guitarist (Tom Petty and Heartbreakers - "Breakdown").
- Bill Mumy: American actor and musician.
- Julius P Hoste: Belgian minister/newspaper publisher, dies at age 69.
- 1st TV soap opera Secret Storm premieres
- Scapino Ballet Studio in Amsterdam destroyed by fire
- Soccer team The County froms in Doetinchem
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?