Saturday 1 February 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1958 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ryo Horikawa: Japanese voice actor.
- Maureen Madill in Coleraine: Northern Ireland; golfer (British Open Amateur 1979).
- Christina Mancinelli Scotti: Italian noted family, the daughter of Elsa Martinelli and the Count Mancinelli Scotti.
- Luther Blissett: Jamaican-English footballer and manager.
- Ryō Horikawa: Japanese voice actor.
- 1st US satellite (Explorer I) launched
- WFTV TV channel 9 in Orlando, Florida (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Egypt and Syria merge to form the United Arab Republic, which lasted until 1961.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?