Tuesday 1 February 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Edmondson and Eddie Zambrano.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Love by Petula Clark.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1966!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1966 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Donna Edmondson: Greensboro, North Carolina -- Playmate of year (Nov, 1986).
- Eddie Zambrano: Venezuelan / US baseball outfielder (Chicago Cubs).
- Rob Lee: English footballer.
- Michelle Akers in Santa Clara: California, USA; soccer forward (Olympics-1996).
- Vasilis Dimitriadis: Greek footballer.
- Laurent Garnier: French techno music producer, he began to dj-ing in Manchester during the late eighties.
- Michelle Akers: American soccer player
- Buster Keaton [Joseph Francis]: US comic (The General), dies at age 69.
- William Harrigan: Actor (Invisible Man, Girl in 419), dies at 71.
- Nicholas Piantanida: sets balloon flight record and dies in descent.
- Hedda Hopper: American journalist and Hollywood gossip columnist who was both on radio and in syndication.
- West Germany procures some 2,600 political prisoners from East Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - My Love
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Ray Charles - Crying Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?