It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want You Back by The Jackson 5.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
MASH, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
directed by Franklin J. Schaffner
starring: George C. Scott, Karl Malden, Stephen Young
directed by Robert Altman
starring: Donald Sutherland, Elliott Gould, Tom Skerritt
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Sunday, 01 February 1970 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous People born
Malik Sealy; NBA guard/forward (Detroit Pistons
- Ford Frick, Earle Combs and Jesse Haines elected to Hall of Fame
- West-Germany and the USSR sign gas contract
- WMAA TV channel 29 in Jackson, MS (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Stalled commuter train rammed by express in Argentina, 139 die.
: Los Angeles Clippers).
: NBA center (Vancouver Grizzlies).
: Japanese racing driver
Famous People died
: Composer, dies at 69
: Hungarian mathematician (Born 1921)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1970 ?
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1970 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
by Erich Segal
Oliver Barrett IV, a wealthy jock from a stuffy WASP family on his way to a Harvard degree and a career in law . . .
The French Lieutenant's Woman
by John Fowles
As part of Back Bay's ongoing effort to make the works of John Fowles available in uniform trade paperback editions, two major works in the Fowles canon are reissued to coincide with the publication of Wormholes, the author's long-awaited new collection of essays and occasional writings.Perhaps
The Crystal Cave
by Mary Stewart
Born the bastard son of a Welsh princess, Myridden Emrys -- or as he would later be known, Merlin -- leads a perilous childhood, haunted by portents and visions.
A Star is Born
Marlboro Come to where the flavor is
Tell the world why Sunday, 1 February 1970 is such a special date for you!