Sunday 1 February 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want You Back by The Jackson 5.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Patton, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1970!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1970 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Yasuyuki Kazama: Japanese race car driver.
- Malik Sealy: American basketball player and actor (d. 2000).
- Malik Sealy NBA guard/forward (Detroit Pistons: Los Angeles Clippers).
- Eric Mobley: NBA center (Vancouver Grizzlies).
- Ford Frick, Earle Combs and Jesse Haines elected to Hall of Fame
- West-Germany and the USSR sign gas contract
- WMAA TV channel 29 in Jackson, MS (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Stalled commuter train rammed by express in Argentina, 139 die.
- A train collision near Buenos Aires, Argentina kills 236.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Tom Jones - Without Love (There Is Nothing)
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Elvis Presley - Don't Cry Daddy
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1970 and get them!