Tuesday 1 February 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [Thomas] Carlton Bruner and Brian Krause.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK Telegram Sam by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1972 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- [Thomas] Carlton Bruner: United States -- 1500m freestyle swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Brian Krause: Actor (December, Sleepwalkers, Return to Blue Lagoon).
- Richard Becker in Aurora: Illinois, USA; outfielder (Minnesota Twin).
- Geoff Sanderson in Hay River: Northwest Territories, Canada; NHL left wing (Hartford Whalers).
- Kami (musician): drummer of Japanese visual kei band Malice Mizer (d. 1999).
- Kami : Japanese drummer (Malice Mizer) (d. 1999)
- 1st scientific hand-held calculator (HP-35) introduced ($395)
- Wings release Give Ireland Back to the Irish in the UK
- First scientific hand-held calculator (HP-35) introduced (US$395).
- Kuala Lumpur becomes a city by a royal charter granted by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #8 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?