Thursday 1 February 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tlia Reima and Michael Joyce in Santa Monica.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crocodile Rock by Elton John.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
The Harder They Come, directed by Perry Henzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Le jeune Fabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1973 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Tlia Reima: Ice hockey center (Finland, Olympics - 1998).
- Michael Joyce in Santa Monica: California, USA; tennis star (1989 USTA National Boys' 18).
- Elena Makarova in Moscow: Russia; tennis star (1993 Futures-Val).
- Andrew DeClercq NBA forward (Golden State Warriors: Boston Celtics).
- Andrew DeClercq: American basketball player: forward/center, Celtics.
- Yuri Landman: Experimental musical instrument builder, musician and comic book artist
- Makiko Ohmoto: Japanese voice actress
- Óscar Rojas: Mexican footballer
- Monte Irvin elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man
- War - The World Is A Ghetto
- Steely Dan - Do It Again
- Wings - Hi, Hi, Hi
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?