Sunday 1 February 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Rollercoaster by Ohio Players.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1976 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:01 February
- Edgar Pangborn: Sci-fi Author (Judgment of Eve, Davy), dies at 66.
- Werner C Heisenberg: German physicist (Nobel Prize 1932, field theory), dies at age 74 in Munich.
- Werner Heisenberg: German scientist who, as an atomic physicist, won the Nobel Prize in physics in 1932 for his creation of quantum mechanics and was acknowledged as "the greatest German theoretical physicist.
- Rich Man, Poor Man mini-series premieres on ABC TV
- Sonny and Cher resume TV show, despite real-life divorce
- East Lansing police arrest Los Angeles Dodgers' reliever Mike Marshall for taking batting practice at Michigan State University after he is warned not to.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing A Song
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
- David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
- Sailor - Glass Of Champagne
- Abba - Mamma Mia
- Laurel & Hardy With The Avalon Boys featuring Chill Wills - The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- In Dulce Jubilo / On Horseback - Mike Oldfield
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?