Wednesday 1 February 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
The Duellists, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1978!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1978 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Domenick Davies: Welsh-born German rugby player.
- Tim Harding: Australian singer and actor (Hi-5).
- Knaan : Rapper.
- Harriet Tubman is 1st black woman honored on a US postage stamp
- Director Roman Polanski skips bail and flees the United States to France after pleading guilty to charges of engaging in sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Randy Newman - Short People
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Queen - We Are The Champions
- Rod Stewart - You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1978 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?