Tuesday 1 January 1901, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Wittewaall and Paul Grossin.
Le Cambrioleur insaisissable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1901 ?
- Christine Wittewaall: van Stoetwegen Dutch Member of Parliament (CDD).
- Paul Grossin: French army officer, who reached the rank of General of the army.
- Robert Koernig: German homicide; the perpetrator of sex murders 1929-1937, arrested 10/04/1937 and executed eights months later.
- Ignatius Donnelly US attorney/Lieutenant-Governor (Minnesota): dies at age 69.
- Nigeria becomes a British protectorate.
- The British colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia federate as the Commonwealth of Australia; Edmund Barton is appointed the first Prime Minister.
- Australia declares independence from federation of United Kingdom colonies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Blushin' Rosie - Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?