Friday 1 January 1909, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dana Andrews in Collins and Barry Goldwater American politician (Senator-Republican-Arizona.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1909 ?
- Dana Andrews in Collins: Mississippi, USA; American actor (Battle of the Bulge, Laura, The Best Years of Our Lives, I was a Communist for the FBI) (dies 1992).
- Barry Goldwater American politician (Senator-Republican-Arizona: 1953-65, 1969- / Presidential candidate (Republican) 1964).
- Laurent Di Lorto: French footballer who played goalkeeper.
- Dana Andrews: American actor (Laura, The Best Years of Our Lives, I was a Communist for the FBI), dies in Los Alamitos, California, of congestive heart failure at age 82.
- Dattaram Hindlekar: Indian cricketer (d. 1949).
- Stepan Bandera: Ukrainian soldier and politician (d. 1959)
- Drilling begins on the Lakeview Gusher.
- Robert Fowler runs then world record marathon (2:52:45.4).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?