Friday 1 January 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1909 ?
- Dana Andrews: American actor (Laura, The Best Years of Our Lives, I was a Communist for the FBI), dies in Los Alamitos, California, of congestive heart failure at age 82.
- Dattaram Hindlekar: Indian cricketer (d. 1949).
- Stepan Bandera: Ukrainian soldier and politician (d. 1959).
- Dana Andrews in Collins: Mississippi, USA; American actor (Battle of the Bulge, Laura, The Best Years of Our Lives, I was a Communist for the FBI) (dies 1992).
- Laurent Di Lorto: French footballer who played goalkeeper.
- Barry Goldwater American politician (Senator-Republican-Arizona: 1953-65, 1969- / Presidential candidate (Republican) 1964).
- Drilling begins on the Lakeview Gusher.
- Robert Fowler runs then world record marathon (2:52:45.4).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Glad I'm Married - Billy Murray
- Stille Nacht, Helige Nacht (Silent Night, Holy Night) - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Will Oakland
- Don't Take Me Home - Bob Roberts
- Old Black Joe - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1909 and get them!