Tuesday 1 January 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1918 ?
- Patrick Porteous: Scottish colonel Victoria Cross recipient (d. 2000).
- Ed Price: American soldier pilot and politician (d. 2012).
- Émile Genevois: French film actor who appeared in over ninety films and television programmes, generally in character roles.
- Willy den Ouden Dutch swimmer (world record 100m 1: 04.
- Dominique Fournier: French model with the Lanvin fashion house who married actor Jean Gabin on 28 March 1949, two months after they met.
- Wilfred Campbell: Canadian poet (Born 1858).
- Last day of the Julian calendar in Finland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?