Sunday 1 January 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1928 ?
- Ernest Tidyman: American author and screenwriter (d. 1984).
- Vello Viisimaa: Estonian actor and singer (d. 1991).
- Gerhard Weinberg: German-American historian author and academic.
- Ernest R Tidyman: Ohio, United States -- Novelist / screenwriter (French Connection).
- Jean Salignon: France sport Champion.
- 1st US air-conditioned office building opens, San Antonio
- Algemeene Vereeniging Radio Omroep (AVRO) begins broadcasting (Neth)
- First US air-conditioned office building opens, San Antonio, New Mexico.
- Boris Bazhanov defects through Iran. He is the only assistant of Joseph Stalin's secretariat to have defected from the Eastern Bloc.
- Estonia changes its currency from the mark to the kroon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?