Wednesday 1 January 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1930 ?
- Jean Duprey: France Writer.
- Ty Hardin: American film actor.
- Gaafar Nimeiry: Egyptian-Sudanese politician 4th President of the Sudan (d. 2009).
- Frederick Wiseman: American director and producer.
- Gaafar Muhammad Nimeiry: Premier / President (Sudan).
- Werner Heiden: Composer
- Bitti Bergamo: Italian tennis champ; killed in a car accident 10/12/1979, Prato, Italy
- Gaafar al-Nimeiry: Sudanese politician (d. 2009)
- Jean-Pierre Duprey: French poet and sculptor, one of the modern examples of an accursed poet. Three days before his death, he said calmly to a friend: "I am allergic to this planet." He died 2 October 1959, Paris.
- Earl Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to 2nd lieutenant
- Jurgens and Van den Berg merge with Lever Brothers to form Unilever.
- Early US radio comedy program The Cuckoo Hour debuts on NBC-Blue, created by Raymond Knight.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?