Friday 1 January 1932, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1932 ?
- Arnfried G D P: Dutch manufacturer (breadcrumbs) / drugs dealer.
- Giuseppe Patane: Italian opera conductor (d. 1989).
- Richard Boucher: French soccer/football player and coach.
- Jackie Parker: American football player who became an All-American in college football and an outstanding professional football player in the Canadian Football League at the running back, quarterback, defensive back, and kicker positions.
- Alessandro Fantivi: Italy sport Champion.
- C P Scott: British journalist, publisher and politician (Born 1846).
- Jacob Cocey Sr chosen as Mayor of Massillon Ohio
- The United States Post Office Department issues a set of 12 stamps commemorating the 200th anniversary of George Washington's birth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home - Peter Van Steeden & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?