Friday 1 January 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1932 ?
- Arnfried G D P: Dutch manufacturer (breadcrumbs) / drugs dealer.
- Leman Çıdamlı: Turkish actress (d. 2012).
- Giuseppe Patanè: Italian conductor (d. 1989).
- Jackie Parker: American football player who became an All-American in college football and an outstanding professional football player in the Canadian Football League at the running back, quarterback, defensive back, and kicker positions.
- Giuseppe Patane: Italian opera conductor (d. 1989).
- C P Scott: British journalist, publisher and politician (Born 1846).
- Jacob Cocey Sr chosen as Mayor of Massillon Ohio
- The United States Post Office Department issues a set of 12 stamps commemorating the 200th anniversary of George Washington's birth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home - Peter Van Steeden & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1932 and get them!