Monday 1 January 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1934 ?
- Alan Berg: American radio talk show host (Born 1934).
- Lakhdar Brahimi: Algerian politician Algerian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Jakob Wassermann: German-jewish novelist and biographer.
- Nazi Germany passes the ''Law for the Prevention of Genetically Diseased Offspring''.
- Alcatraz Island becomes a United States federal prison.
- International Telecommunication Union established.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (US bank guarantor) effective.
- Alcatraz officially becomes a federal prison.
- Radio horror show Light's Out debuts on WENR Chicago.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?