Tuesday 1 January 1935, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Martina and Valentin Nikolaevich N Benderov.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1935 ?
- Harold Martina: Netherland Antilles -- Pianist / conductor.
- Valentin Nikolaevich N Benderov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Doris Hebel: American pro astrologer for over 20 years, an author, consultant and lecturer.
- Rinaldo Olivieri: Italian soccer player.
- Brian Hutton: American actor and director (d. 2014).
- B Kliban: American cartoonist (Born 1935)
- 1st Sugar Bowl and 1st Orange Bowl
- Eastern Airlines hires Eddie Rickenbacker as GM
- Associated Press inaugurates Wirephoto.
- The Italian colonies of Tripoli and Cyrenaica are joined together as Libya.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1935 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?