Wednesday 1 January 1936, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Queler and Willye B.
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1936 ?
- Eve Queler: NYC, New York -- Conductor.
- Willye B: White; American long jumper (Olympics-silver-1956).
- Claude Hagège: French linguist, who was elected to the Collège de France in 1988 and received several awards for his work, including the Prix de l'Académie Française and the CNRS Gold medal.
- Louis Rostollan: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1958 until 1967.
- James Sinegal: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Costco Wholesale warehouses, a membership warehouse style wholesaler, with over 60 west coast stores as of 2000.
- Charlotte Tuton: American astrologer and author, sometimes writing under the pen name of Raleigh J. Douglas.
- Don Nehlen: American football player and coach
- 1st newspaper to microfilm its current issues, New York Herald Tribune
- First newspaper to microfilm its current issues, New York Herald Tribune.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1936 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?