Friday 1 January 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fire Over England, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1937 ?
- John Fuller: English poet and author.
- Petros Markaris: Greek author poet and playwright.
- Matt Robinson: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Adam Wisniewski-Snerg: Polish author (d. 1995).
- Count Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to captain
- US Army Air Corps physiological research laboratory completed, Ohio.
- Anastasio Somoza becomes President of Nicaragua.
- Safety glass in vehicle windscreens becomes mandatory in Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1937 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?