Friday 1 January 1937, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Wisniewski-Snerg and John Fuller.
Fire Over England, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1937 ?
- Adam Wisniewski-Snerg: Polish author (d. 1995).
- John Fuller: English poet and author.
- Petros Markaris: Greek author poet and playwright.
- Matt Robinson: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Count Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to captain
- US Army Air Corps physiological research laboratory completed, Ohio.
- Anastasio Somoza becomes President of Nicaragua.
- Safety glass in vehicle windscreens becomes mandatory in Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1937 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?