Monday 1 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1940 ?
- Clifford Olson: Canadian homicide perpetrator.
- Jorge Risi: Uruguayan musician, a violinist born to Italian parents.
- Frank Langella in Bayonne: New Jersey, USA; actor (Dracula, Diary of a Mad Housewife, Twelve Chairs).
- Jack Kiefer in Columbia: Pennsylvania, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Ralphs Senior Classic).
- Dominique Grange: French singer, songwriter and political activist since the early 1960s.
- Jean Calbrix: French crime writer, and professor of mathematics at the University of Rouen.
- Jean-François Dehecq: French business leader, the vice president of the National Industry Council. He is also co-founder and Honorary Chairman of Sanofi (a French multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Paris) and Chairman of the Strategic Orientation of the Strategic Investment Fund Committee.
- Laszlo Sary: Composer
- Richard Henry Orton: Composer
- Panuganti Lakshminarasimha Rao: Indian writer and essayist (Born 1865).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?