Wednesday 1 January 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1941 ?
- Asrani : Indian actor and producer.
- Martin Evans: English-Welsh geneticist and academic.
- Younoussi Touré: Malian politician Prime Minister of Mali.
- Barry Goldberg: American musician.
- Netherlands begins taxing wages.
- Russian General Zhukov appointed chief of General staff.
- Thailand Prime Minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram decrees January 1 as the official start of the Thai solar calendar new year (thus the previous year that began April 1 had only 9 months).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1941 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?