Monday 1 January 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1951 ?
- Prospero Gallinari: Italian Red Brigade terrorist who killed ex-premier Aldo Moro 5/09/1978 six weeks after kidnapping him on 3/16/1978.
- Frans Kellendonk: Author (Ruin, The Good for Nothing).
- Ashfaq Hussain: Pakistani-Canadian poet and journalist.
- Martha Haynes: American astronomer and academic.
- Hans-Joachim Stuck: German race car driver.
- Daniel Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons beginning in 1974.
- Nana Patekar: Indian film and stage actor
- Jim Rakete: German photographer and photojournalist.
- Mimmo Cavallo: Italian singer, whose best-known song is "Uh, mammà!" (1980).
- Massive Chinese/North Korean assault on United Nations-lines.
- First week as No. 1 single on ''Billboard'' and ''Cashbox'' charts of Patti Page hit song quotTennessee Waltzquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas In Killarney - Dennis Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?