Tuesday 1 January 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1952 ?
- Rene Ceccatty: French writer, a journalist and author whose works include "L’extrémité du Monde," 1985, "Le Diable est un pur Hasard," 1993 and "L’accompagnement," 1994.
- Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani: Qatari ruler 7th Emir of Qatar.
- Shaji Karun: Indian director and cinematographer.
- Rosario Marchese: Italian-Canadian educator and politician.
- Stephanie Faracy: American actress.
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 5th string quartet
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?