Thursday 1 January 1953, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1953 ?
- Kevin Hangon: Composer.
- Rochelle S Abramson: Violinist.
- Alpha Blondy: [Seydou Kone] in the Ivory Coast; reggae singer (Jerusalem).
- Gary E Johnson: American politician and 29th Governor of New Mexico.
- Philippe Douste-Blazy: French centre-right politician.
- Dani Klein: Belgian singer, songwriter, band leader and producer, and consistently the center and driving force of the band Vaya Con Dios (1986-1996; 2004-2013).
- François Raffinot: French dancer, choreographer, teacher and writer.
- Greg Carmichael: English guitarist (Acoustic Alchemy)
- Gary Johnson: American businessman and politician 29th Governor of New Mexico
- Lynn Jones: American baseball player and coach
- Hank Williams: American singer-songwriter and musician, AKA 'Bocephus.
- Ernest Blochs Suite Hebraique, premieres
- WBRE TV channel 28 in Wilkes-Barre Scranton, PA (NBC) 1st broadcast
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?