Friday 1 January 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1954 ?
- Fr David: Paris, France -- Rocker.
- Richard Edson: American drummer and actor (Sonic Youth and Konk).
- Bob Menendez: American politician and United States Senator from New Jersey.
- Dennis O'Driscoll: Irish poet and critic (d. 2012).
- Yannis Papathanasiou: Greek engineer and politician Greek Minister of Finance.
- Duff Cooper: British diplomat and writer (Born 1890).
- KSLA TV channel 12 in Shreveport, LA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WWTV TV channel 9 in Cadillac-Traverse City, MI (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Yugoslav parliament chairman and Vice President Milovan Djilas criticizes communism.
- Rose and Cotton Bowl are first sport colorcasts.
- NBC makes the first coast-to-coast NTSC color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade , with public demonstrations given across the United States on prototype color receivers.
- The Soviet Union ceases to demand war reparations from East Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1954 and get them!