Tuesday 1 January 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1957 ?
- Urmas Arumäe: Estonian lawyer and politician Estonian Minister of Justice.
- Evangelos Venizelos: Greek lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of Greece.
- Ewa Kasprzyk: Polish actress.
- Mark Hurd: American businessman.
- France returns Saar to become the 10th state of German Federal Republic.
- International Geophysical Year begins; ends June 30, 1958 (18-month year).
- George Town, Penang becomes a city by a royal charter granted by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- An Irish Republican Army (IRA) unit attacks Brookeborough RUC barracks in one of the most famous incidents of the IRA's Operation Harvest.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?