Friday 1 January 1960, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael David Morrison and Leilani Kai.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Why by Frankie Avalon.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio rochela.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1960 ?
- Michael David Morrison: Actor (Caleb Snyder-As the World Turns).
- Leilani Kai: American wrestler.
- Michael Seibert: American figure skater who earned many medals from 1978 with partner Judy Blumberg.
- Jeff Taylor: American athlete, whose short-lived pro basketball career began in 1982.
- Rayo de Jalisco: Jr.
- Hakan Karahan: Turkish author poet and songwriter
- Toomas Vitsut: Estonian businessman and politician
- Danny Wilson: English footballer and manager
- Margaret Sullavan: American actress who reached the peak of her acclaim in the 1943 stage production, "Voice of the Turtle.
- US census at 179,245,000
- The Republic of Cameroon achieves independence from France and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Montserrat adopts constitution.
- Johnny Cash plays his first free concert for inmates, at a show at San Quentin Prison in California.
- Bank of France issues new franc, worth 20 cents.
- Cameroon gains its independence from French-administered U.N. trusteeship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?