Sunday 1 January 1967, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Heck and John Digweed.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Apropos Film.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1967 ?
- Andy Heck: NFL tackle (Seattle Seahawk, Chicago Bears).
- John Digweed: English DJ.
- Juanma Bajo Ulloa: Spanish film director.
- Gorsha Sur: Russian ice dancer.
- Tim Dog: American rapper (Ultramagnetic MCs) (d. 2013).
- Derrick Thomas: American football player (d. 2000)
- Spencer Tunick: American photographer
- Juanma Ulloa: Spanish director and screenwriter
- Moon Mullican: rocker, dies at age 58.
- FCC requires AM-FM sister stations to be at least 50% different
- St. Helena adopts constitution
- WABW TV channel 14 in Pelham, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Kansas City Chiefs beat Buffalo Bills 31-7 in AFL championship game.
- Tonga revises constitution.
- Green Bay Packers beat Dallas Cowboys 34-27 in NFL championship game.
- US Federal Communications Commission requires AM-FM sister stations to be at least 50 percent different.
- CRU becomes the CAFA and turns over the Grey Cup trophy to the Canadian Football League.
- Canada begins a year-long celebration of the 100th anniversary of the British North America Act, 1867, featuring the Expo 67 World's Fair.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Temptations - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?