Thursday 1 January 1976, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monica Mullaly and Tank .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When the Boat Comes In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or F-1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1976 ?
- Monica Mullaly: American woman who has been at the wheel during two fatal car accidents.
- Tank : R&B Singer.
- Mustafa Doğan: Turkish-German footballer and sportscaster.
- Musical Jubilee closes at St. James Theater NYC after 92 performances
- NBC replaces the peacock logo
- Venezuela nationalizes oil fields.
- Liberty Bell moves to new home behind Independence Hall.
- NBC Television replaces the 20-year old 'peacock' logo with a new abstract capital "N".
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?