Saturday 1 January 1977, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hasan Salihamidzic and Robert Roode.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zur See.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 500 or Street Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1977 ?
- Hasan Salihamidzic: Bosnian footballer.
- Robert Roode: Canadian professional wrestler.
- Leos Friedl: Czech tennis player.
- Andrei Stoliarov: Russian tennis player.
- Maria de la Paz Hernandez: Argentinian field hockey player.
- Rachid Ouramdane: French choreographer and contemporary dancer.
- Jerry Yan: Taiwanese actor and singer
- Bobby Roode: Wrestler
- Lauren Silverman: Family Member
- María de la Paz Hernández: Argentinian field hockey player
- Leoš Friedl: Czech tennis player
- Craig Reucassel: Australian comedian and television host
- Hasan Salihamidžić: Bosnian footballer and sportscaster
- 1st woman formally ordained an Episcopal priest (Jacqueline Means)
- Czech intellects begin Human Rights Group Chapter 77
- Belgium reapportions 2,359 communities into 596.
- Tony Dorsett runs for record 202 yards in the Sugar Bowl.
- The Australian state of Queensland abolishes inheritance tax.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?