Monday 1 January 1979, NewYear’s Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1979 ?
- Fadi El Khatib: Lebanese basketball player.
- sovereignty Jura: A new canton in Switzerland, created as result of a vote in Switzerland on 24.
- Jawed Karim: Entrepreneur.
- Brody Dalle: Australian-American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Distillers and Spinnerette).
- Koichi Domoto: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (KinKi Kids).
- International Year of the Child begins
- US and China (Peoples Republic) begin diplomatic relations
- Formal diplomatic relations are established between the People's Republic of China and the United States of America.
- Jura, 26th canton of Switzerland, established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Chic - Le Freak
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Toto - Hold The Line
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Linda Ronstadt - Ooh Baby Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?