Friday 1 January 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1982 ?
- David Nalbandian: Argentinian tennis player.
- Egidio Ríos: Uruguayan footballer.
- Luke Rodgers: English footballer.
- 30 Something stars Ken Olin and Patricia Wettig meet, later they marry
- TA launches 5 year capital program to overhaul NYC subway system
- Peruvian Javier Perez de Cuellar becomes the first Latin American to hold the title of Secretary General of the United Nations.
- Pope John Paul II prays for an end to martial law in Poland.
- Clemson wins the Orange Bowl for college football championship.
- MTA launches five year capital program to overhaul New York City, New York subway system.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?