Wednesday 1 January 1986, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexa Ray and James Davis.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tabu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Quest or James Bond 007: Goldfinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1986 ?
- Alexa Ray: Joel; American singer/songwriter daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley.
- James Davis: American football player.
- Sungmin: South Korean singer (Super Junior).
- Colin Morgan: Northern Irish actor.
- Lee Sungmin: Pop Singer.
- Bruce Norris: American hockey executive (Detroit Red Wings) (Born 1924).
- Barbra Striesand and Jon Peters relationship breaks up
- International Peace Year begins
- New York City transit fare rises from 90 cents to $1.00
- The Kingdom of Spain and the Portuguese Republic are admitted into the European Community.
- Aruba becomes independent of Curacao, though it remains in free association with the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- Spain and Portugal become 11th and 12th members of Common Market (European Economic Community).
- Oklahoma wins Orange Bowl for college football championship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- The Cars - Tonight She Comes
- Arcadia - Election Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?