Thursday 1 January 1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK The Final Countdown by Europe was in the top 5 hits.
Little Shop of Horrors, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1987!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1987 ?
- Gilbert Brule: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Chris Collins: American actor and comedian.
- Meryl Davis: Figure Skater.
- Gilbert Brulé: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Gia Coppola: American actress director and screenwriter.
- Estefanía Craciún: Uruguayan tennis player
- Serdar Özkan: Turkish footballer
- Devin Setoguchi: Canadian ice hockey player
- Gustav Knuth: German actor who made his debut in "Der Ammenkonig" in 1935.
- 60 bodies recovered in Dupont Plaza Hotel fire in Puerto Rico
- International Year of Shelter for Homeless begins
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Duran Duran - Notorious
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
- Robbie Nevil - C'est La Vie
- Janet Jackson - Control
- War (Live) - Bruce Springsteen
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?