Wednesday 1 January 1992, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Menzel and He Kexin.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Black Or White by Michael Jackson.
In UK Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me by George Michael & Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Poison Ivy, directed by Katt Shea Ruben, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Archer's Goon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing David Robinson's Supreme Court or Cybernator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1992!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1992 ?
- Tim Menzel: German rugby player.
- He Kexin: Chinese gymnast.
- Alexandrea Garza: YouTube Star.
- Jack Wilshere: English footballer.
- Daniel Agyei: Ghanaian footballer.
- Bush is 1st US President to address Australian Parliament
- Curacao becomes 1st in Dutch Antilles to have compulsory education
- Europe breaks down trade barriers
- International Space Year begins
- New York City transit fare increases from $1.15 to $1.25
- George H. W. Bush becomes the first U.S. President to address the Australian Parliament.
- The ESPN Radio Network debuts.
- American Rear Admiral Grace Hopper dies, at age 85. Her computer-related career included programming the Mark I in the 1940s, helping invent the COBOL language, contributing to the first practical compiler, and coining the term "bug" in 1945.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- Michael Bolton - When A Man Loves A Woman
- 2 Legit 2 Quit - M.C. Hammer
- Paula Abdul - Blowing Kisses In The Wind
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Wildside
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?