Wednesday 1 January 2003, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Irreversible, directed by Gaspar No, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Prey by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Towards the Republic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1503 or Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 1 January 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 January
- The first day of the year in the Gregorian calendar
- The Turkish-registered tanker ''Vicky'', with 70,000 tonnes of diesel cargo, struck the wreck of the sunken auto carrier ''Tricolor'' off the coast of Dunkirk, France. The double-hulled tanker freed itself from the wreck with the rising tide and sailed a mile off to check for leakage. The ''Vicky'' is the second ship to strike the wreck of the ''Tricolor'' since the carrier sank on December 14, 2002.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eminem - Lose Yourself
- Missy Misdemeanor Elliott - Work It
- Nelly - Air Force Ones
- Jay-Z - '03 Bonnie & Clyde
- Jennifer Lopez - Jenny From The Block
- Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
- B2K - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Nivea - Don't Mess With My Man
- Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- No Doubt - Underneath It All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?