Tuesday 1 January 2008, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
P.S. I Love You, directed by Richard LaGravenese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 1 January 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 January
- Malta and Cyprus officially adopt the Euro currency and become the fourteenth and fifteenth Eurozone countries.
- The Taliban threaten to escalate attacks in Afghanistan after a year of record violence. (The Independent)
- Fatah-Hamas conflict: At least eight people have died in factional fighting in the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours, reports say. (BBC News)
- A fire in a church in Eldoret, Western Kenya kills fifty people who were sheltering from violence after the disputed presidential election. (AP via Google Red News)
- US Diplomat John Granville, working for the United States Agency for International Development in Sudan, is murdered. (AP via Google News)
- Thiyagarajah Maheswaran, a minority Sri Lankan Tamil parliamentarian, is shot dead at a Hindu temple in Colombo, Sri Lanka.( Times of India)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?