Friday 1 January 2010, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Magic, directed by Robert Davi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Neon Tiki Tribe Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blur or Dance Dance Revolution X2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 January 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 January
- Lhasa de Sela: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2010).
- A suicide car bomber detonates at a volleyball tournament in Lakki Marwat, Pakistan, killing 105 and injuring 100 more.
- At least 18 FARC rebels are killed while celebrating the New Year in an air raid by the Colombian Air Force in the south of the country. (Al Jazeera)
- A study suggests that teenagers who go to bed late are more likely to develop depression and to have suicidal thoughts. (''Sleep'')
- At least 19 people are dead and five are injured as mudslide hits an island resort near Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande. Large numbers also killed elsewhere in Brazil. (''The Washington Post'')
- Researchers announce that the likely origin of devil facial tumour disease, a transmissible cancer which has caused the population of Tasmanian devils to collapse by 60% in the past decade, is Schwann cells. ''(Science)''
- A Cambodian court issues an arrest warrant for opposition leader Sam Rainsy, for failing to turn up at court over a border dispute with Vietnam. (''Phnom Penh Post'')
- Spain takes over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union from Sweden. (euronews)
- Russians are surprised by a cartoon ampquotgently lampooningampquot Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimir Putin who are portrayed dancing, singing and playing musical instruments. (France 24)
- China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) launch a Free Trade Area. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?