Monday 1 July 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Mary Paget Chancellor and Jacques Benoist-Mechin.
Forward, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1901 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 July 1901
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Reuben Haskins from Skowhegan, Maine - Len Spencer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?