Thursday 1 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1909 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Juan Onetti: Uruguayan novelist and short story writer.
- Emmett Toppino: American sprinter (d. 1971).
- Juan Carlos Onetti: Novelist.
- Madge Evans: Manhattan NYC, New York -- TV panelist (Masquerade Party).
- Baptiste Dupuis: French navy officer in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Will Oakland
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Bob Roberts
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?