Tuesday 1 July 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jo Sinclair and André Tollet.
The Flying Circus, directed by Alfred Lind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1913 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Jo Sinclair: Writer.
- André Tollet: French upholsterer, trade unionist and communist.
- Edgard Decaluwe: Belgium sport Champion.
- Frank Barrett: American baseball player (Born 1913).
- Vasantrao Naik: Indian politician 3rd Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 1979).
- Serbia and Greece declare war on Bulgaria
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1913 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Say Au Revoir But Not Goodbye - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?