Sunday 1 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1923 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Constance Ford: Actress (Ada Hobson-Another World).
- Jean Hougron: French novelist, famous for a series of novels set in French Indochina in the mid-20th century, where he resided and travelled for several years.
- 1st permanent radio network-AT&T (WEAF New York and WMAF Massachusetts)
- The Canadian Parliament suspends all Chinese immigration.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?